15 Telemedicine Stats to Know in 2023
While many dental providers jumped on the teledentistry bandwagon during the 2020 COVID-19 Pandemic and ensuing quarantine, few anticipated the global shift it would create in favor of ongoing virtual care options. As Millennials continue to dominate the market share – to be followed by technologically-savvy Gen Z – it’s important for dentists to recognize the growing preference for remote care. If you’re still on the fence about telemedicine, check out 15 statistics that suggest virtual care options are here to stay AND necessary to compete in 2023 and beyond.
- 37% of Americans over 18 used telemedicine within the last year.
- Virtual care use is 38 times higher than before the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- 50 million Americans stated that they would switch to a provider that offers telehealth options.
- 40% of patients say they will continue using virtual care.
- 40-60% of patients expressed interest in additional virtual care solutions, such as virtual-first health plans.
- The North American teledentistry market size is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of more than 15 percent from 2020 to 2030.
- The global teledentistry market is expected to be worth more than $6.56 billion by the end of 2032.
- Some estimates predict that 70.6 million Americans will use remote patient monitoring tools by 2025.
- The American Telemedicine Association projects that 50% of all healthcare services in the United States will be conducted virtually by 2030.
- Women are more likely to use telemedicine than men.
- The use of telemedicine rises as people age.
- 43% of adults age 65 and over reported using telemedicine.
- 51% of older adults said they or a family member had used telemedicine during the past two years.
- Studies have found that 78% of patients were satisfied with their telehealth experience.
- 93% of dentists expect teledentistry to lead to long-term changes in how they practice dentistry.
If you’re interested in joining thousands of dentists who are already utilizing teledentistry to meet their patients where they are, sign up for SmileSnap or contact us to learn more.